[SHARING] How to apply PTPTN Repayment Exemption (General)

by - Wednesday, October 25, 2017


I've shared my experience on the process of application of PTPTN Repayment Exemption in my university and I know some of you are came from other university, so I'm here to blog again the general process. Pardon me if I keep repeat the same things because I believe that you don't want to make any mistake during the application right? 😌

If you obtain first class honour in your degree, you're eligible to apply for this exemption! 

From PTPTN website, you must submit the complete application within 12 months from the date of the convocation, but I suggest that try to apply this exemption within 6 months! This is due to every loaner has to start paying off the instalments for the PTPTN loan 6 months after your graduation date. I want to share the case that my friend had faced, PTPTN authorities urge my friend (from private university) to pay back her loan or else she will be blacklisted, but she actually get first class honours in her degree, so lesson learnt, please apply as fast as possible once you attend your convocation!

First, make sure you fulfill all the requirements for this application. Second, prepare and verify all needed documents.


Documents that needed in this application:
1. Declaration form (you may download from HERE)
2. Photocopy of degree certificates with First Class Honour (verified by your university)
3. Photocopy of academic transcripts (verified by your university)
4. Verification letter (if "First Class" is not stated in your degree certificates)
5. Photocopy of Certificate of Accreditation from MQA (for private university PTPTN loaner)
The declaration form looks like above (not complete one because I've cropped it)
When you've done prepare these documents, you can straight submit them to your nearest PTPTN office. You can also choose to post the documents to PTPTN HQ because certain PTPTN office might not that efficient (they want to collect all application documents and post them together and this process maybe last for more than 2 or 3 months). Please confirm with the PTPTN officer in your nearest branch because every branch might has different processing method.

So at the end I chose to post my documents via pos laju, and my application was approved within 1 month! Oh ya the way to know the result is only waiting for the letter. PTPTN will send a letter to your home once you successfully apply for the exemption. You can also check whether your repayment amount become 0 in here after that.

This application is not complicated at all, and I wish whoever apply for this exemption can successful! Good luck! 😊

You May Also Like

7 comments

  1. My Brothers and Sister all over the world, I am Mrs Boo Wheat from Canada ; i was in need of loan some month ago. i needed a loan to open my restaurant and bar, when one of my long time business partner introduce me to this good and trustful loan lender DR PURVA PIUS that help me out with a loan, and is interest rate is very low , thank God today. I am now a successful business woman, and I became useful. In the life of others, I now hold a restaurant and bar. And about 30 workers, thank GOD for my life I am leaving well today a happy father with three kids, thanks to you DR PURVA PIUS Now I can take care of my lovely family, i can now pay my bill. I am now the bread winner of my family. If you are look for a trustful and reliable loan leader. You can Email him via,mail (urgentloan22@gmail.com) Please tell him Mrs Boo Wheat from Canada introduce you to him. THANKS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, the declaration form couldnt be found. Where could i find it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. i could not find it as well. pls help.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i could not find it as well. pls help.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This might be the one:
    https://www.ptptn.gov.my/images/fail/borang_ptptn/borang_byrn_blk/brg-prmhnn-pngcln-byrn-blk-pnjmn-krn-mndpt-ijazah-kls-prtm-strf.pdf

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can I know where to check the repayment amount online? I logged into my account but not found it. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  7. Where can i get the mqa certificate?

    ReplyDelete