I wanna Fly with Firefly Airlines!

by - Thursday, December 09, 2010

I had been visited to Kota Kinabalu, Sabah before. Guess what? I went there for FREE!! I was luckily to be chosen as the only one student in my school to go to Sabah trip which organised by Jabatan Pelajaran Pulau Pinang. My east-Malaysia journey is ain't perfect if I do not step on Sarawak's land, so I really hope I can win a pair of return flight tickets! With these tickets, my east-Malaysia journey can successfully done for free.  ;D

If I have the chance to fly to Kuching, the places I would love to visit are:

1. Longhouse Tours


A holiday in Sarawak is not complete without a visit to the longhouses that are the traditional dwellings of many of the natives here such as the Iban, Bidayuh and Orang Ulu. A longhouse is a terraced street of separate dwellings covered by one roof. A tuai rumah (headman) is the head of the longhouse. Every family has their own separate bilik (room). Communal activities are carried out on the ruai (verandah). Male visitors will spend a night on the verandah whereas female visitors are invited to stay in the bilik or room. It's totally different with my house! As a Malaysian, I should know Malaysia's culture deeply. With this chance, I can learn a lot of unique culture of Sarawak native.

2. Gunung Mulu National Park

Mulu Caves National Park is home to one of the longest networks of caves in the world. Here lies the world’s largest underground chamber, the Sarawak Chamber, capable of accommodating forty Boeing 747 airplanes. I went to Gunung Kinabalu before, the ambience was really stupendous, so I believe scene of Gunung Mulu would nice too! I would like to enjoy the salubrious mountain air of Gunung Mulu to unwind myself after SPM.  =)

3. Jalan Satok Sunday Market

This vibrant Sunday market along Jalan Satok, comes alive Saturday afternoon when local traders from the outskirts of Kuching peddle their wares. I can buy some handicrafts, clothes, fresh produce, food and drinks and much more in here. This is also an excellent excuse for picture taking opportunities. I love capture.

4. Skrang River Safari

Skrang is an exciting destination for visitors who wish to see and experience life in a longhouse, once the home of notorious pirates and headhunters. The safari continues by motorised longboat down the shallow Skrang River, occasionally "shooting the rapids". A thrilling journey along this scenic river brings you to a series of wooden Iban longhouses. The surrounding jungle is also available for exciting trekking and exploration.Waooooooo it's look so adventurous and awesome! I must have a try!

5. Tiang's Cafe

Wonder why am I wanna to visit to this cafe which located at No 22, Lot 2354, Block 10 KCLD, Jln Tun Ahmad Zaidi Adruce, 93150 Kuching? This is because I can try the Sarawak traditional foods - Sawarak Laksa and Kolo Mee at here!! I can't find these foods in Penang, our asam laksa's taste is totally different with Sarawak's one! The price of these foods is cheap and affordable too.

Kuching, Sarawak is too attractive!! I still got a lot of places wanna go, so I wish I have the opportunity to travel to there!!

Wanna join this contest, just click FeeQ's blog for more information.

You May Also Like

1 comments